Monday, January 28, 2008

vending locating companies

There are many of us vending locating companies out there. In fact, I'm not quite sure where the locating process makes its jump to truly large corporate accounts.

As far as I can tell there are those of us who do primarily bulk vending locations. Then there are those who do mostly Soda / Snack machine locations. Obviously the Soda / Snack is a higher grossing business, however, I would assume the margins between bulk and soda / snack are approximately the same.

Actually, many bulk vending locating companies make the jump to soda and snack locating. My buddy who runs a locating firm with expected gross revenues in 2008 of $300,000 is making the move over to soda and snack machine locations. He also does massage table locations, ATM, and more.

One of these days I will begin reviewing bulk locating companies just for fun. But, needless to say I have spoken with and or used many of the locating firms in the US. And http://www.kickstartlocations.com is the best!

One thing that differentiates me from most bulk locating firms is this. I'm a Vendor turned Locating company. Most locating companies are Locators turned Locating companies. I'll say that again in case you're confused.

ME = Vendor turned Locating Company.
Others = Locator turned Locating Company.

What's the difference you ask? I'm in tune with vendors. I know what they want and I know how to provide. I realize that this business isn't about finding locations, it's about appeasing customers, making them smile, and finally making a little money.

Locators turned Locating companies generally don't work out. These people began their career most likely being contacted by someone like me looking for an employee. Then they began locating and found they were good at it. Now they want to start their own company. But they are doing it ass backwards. They don't know the business, they only know the result.

More Later.

Robert Patterson, President
http://www.kickstartlocations.com

No comments: