Tuesday, January 22, 2008

sometimes you just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show

But today is just not one of those days. First I talk to one of my girls this morning who already wants a pay raise (Yes Fran, I'm speaking of you!). Let's be honest, there is a lot of money to be made in this industry. And, I give her credit for realizing that. However, there are expenses, warranty's to cover, websites to keep up, advertising efforts to pay for, and of course my own effort must be rewarded as well. Anyway, that's why CEO's make so much right, because they deal with all that stuff!

Locations, Locations, Locations. I am a for sale bulk vending locator not a free sale bulk vending locator. In that notion let me tell you the second story this morning ,well it began yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon a client calls me and tells me that the 5 locations I gave him were no good. He said the owners wouldn't accept the machines when he brought them in. Well, I checked up this morning. I had one of my girls call and see if he had really brought the machines in, answer: No.

So she's mad because she works on commission and I'm mad because I work on commission. And I'm sure he's going to be mad when we finally speak on the phone for some reason. I called him and left a voice mail. I said that when we give out locations that he is expected to place the machine. Wish me luck, and any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Rob

4 comments:

Guth Vending Company said...

O man, Rob the superman in vending machine locations! LOL!

Gotta love this biz. somethingnew everyday!

Kyle

Guth Vending Company said...

O man, Rob the superman in vending machine locations! LOL!

Gotta love this biz. something new everyday!

Kyle

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Yes, I am trying to become the superman of the locating biz. I also have some new advertisements up and some new clients ;)

I'll go in more depth in a later post.

Rob

Unknown said...

Rob,
After reading your comment to my girlfriend and pondering the thought of why someone would 1. order locations from you, and 2. say they were rejected... we had a tough time figuring out his motives... but we got it! His scam is to say the locations denied the machines so he can place his machines AFTER he calls you to tell them he was denied. I just don't understand how he'd be so dumb as to think you wouldn't check up on the locations. Seems pretty short-sighted to me!

What ended up happening when you spoke with him? What was his story?