Tuesday, February 5, 2008

some new changes in bulk vending

I've been talking with some people, customers mainly, and potential customers about implementing a new policy. That is replacement for poor performing locations.

I have been tossing around a few ideas concerning the poor performing replacement policy. At first I wanted to do it for locations that made under $8, but I think I'm going to move that to $10, nice an even.

Second, I wanted to limit the number of replacement locations and I think I still may. The reason being is I just don't know how many replacements I will be giving. And currently I just don't have the staff to handle 20 replacements a day. It also cuts greatly into my profit margin giving replacement locations.

What I think is $10 replacements and up to 30% of machines replaced. But then you have to ask, does that mean if they only buy 1 location that the replacement guarantee means nothing? I just don't know how to handle that.

Maybe I could say "For orders of 10 or more replacement locations may be granted to 30% of total locations." Any comments?

Rob

3 comments:

Guth Vending Company said...

Toss this idea around. I think you should keep you $31 location, however offer "Insurance" for locations. People buy the $31 location, and they have 1 year to replace it. However, they have to pay $10 to have it replaced, you give them 5 locations and they pick 1 of the 5. How does that sound?

Kyle

thysanocarpus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thysanocarpus said...

This topic is related to internet humor, and xkcd is providing the best; Randall doesn't compromise on funny.

www.xkcd.com